Pages

Recent Posts

Drifting through Apocalypse

Have you ever had apocalyptic dreams? (or should they be called nightmares?)
I have, one too many.  From tsunamis and hurricanes that destroy cities and my least favorite of all, zombie invasion.

Last night I had another series of apocalyptic visions and familiar faces.  This time, instead of seeing destruction from afar, I'm now in the middle of it.

Vision 1:
Night time.
Place seemed like an old ruin with fire torches along the pillars.
This is the closest picture I could find (without the chairs)

There were people gathered around, observing the stars.  I've never seen so many stars, each white dot seemingly getting bigger as you stare at them for awhile.  Then the view changes, a big block was floating in the air towards the viewers.  It was as if someone had mind-lifted one of the pillars outside and brought it over the watching crowd.
Slowly, slowly it moved closer.  Everyone puzzled, stunned and unsure what to do.
Until everyone screamed for the pillar was being pulled towards us.  Me specifically.
I saw the pillar falling, aiming for me.  I couldn't move.
Everything became black upon its fall.

Vision 2:
Mid afternoon.  Heavy, and I do mean heavy rainfall.
I was in a white wooden house, with green lacy curtains on accordion windows.
There were a number of rooms and beds laying around.  I was under the impression we had just evacuated our homes due to flood.  I saw my relatives and cousins in the same house.  There were other people coming in who seem to know my relatives and were also taking refuge in that white house.
On impulse, I called 2 friends from overseas telling them to leave their homes for it was going to collapse any minute.  Apparently, they already knew about it and took refuge in a tent.
Then featured on the television, buildings tilted and collapsed as if someone had pushed the building.

Vision 3
Sadly, my brain deleted this and I couldn't really remember details of it lol.

There are some that regard dreams and nightmares as something to be prevented and I've been given lots of how-to's.  The most bizarre of all was to remove mirrors around the room and didn't follow until now (sorry my good friend xD)
I'm quite fascinated by dreams and why you get those kind of dreams based on what you go through in your daily life.
Do dreams have symbols or meaning?
For fun, here's what I found for this recent dream:


Apocalypse 
To dream of the apocalypse signifies an emotional and dramatic change taken place within yourself. The dream may also indicate the end of one kind of lifestyle and the beginning of another.

Ruins 
To�see ruins in your dream suggest that you are neglecting aspects of your life or that it is falling apart. You feel you are self-destructing. It is time to get on the right path.

Rain 
To see and hear rain falling symbolizes forgiveness and grace. Falling rain is also a metaphor for tears, crying and sadness. 

Building 

To see a building in ruins or damaged indicates that your approach toward a situation or relationship is all wrong. You need to change. Your own self-image may have suffered and taken some blow.

To dream that a building collapses indicates that you are losing sight of your ambitions and goals. Your pursuit for material gains is failing.

Have you ever had apocalyptic dreams? What was your worst nightmare?
blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Comments