It was actually my first time watching at Shang. I usually prefer to watch movies at The Podium for the room's smaller (don't really like large and crowded theater rooms) and the leg space between the seats are wide. Plus the sound system's better than most of SM's malls so I don't mind adding a little extra.
If I were to rank theaters I've been to I would say..
Sound system:
- The Promenade, Shangri-La Plaza, Greenbelt
- The Podium, Glorietta
- Gateway, Powerplant, Eastwood mall
- Robinson's Galleria
- SM (considerable but average)
Seat space, (leg space, visibility and comfort)
- The Promenade (adjustable arm rests, wide and comfortable seats) wins hands down!
- The Podium, Greenbelt, Eastwood mall, Powerplant
- Shangri-La, Gateway, Robinson's, Glorietta
- SM (very cramped seats and narrow leg space)
Unfortunately, I don't really notice the screen size much lolx. As long as it's big enough, it's good for me.
Right, well I think we got sidetracked enough. Regarding the movie itself, Ironman 2 is more hype-deserving than the overrated *Avatar. Really appreciated how the movie was directed and dialogue even though it was just a simple story. The most memorable dialogue was the court room scene where Tony Stark was defending himself from legislature requesting him to hand over Ironman. Just to show how officials can sugarcoat intentions by saying it's for the good of the people of America when in fact they just want the power for themselves. Same thing with America positioning themselves as anti-terrorists aiming for World peace and yet is the largest arms exporters. In short, shows hypocritical truths
The main actor, Robert Downy Jr deserves praise as well for really internalizing the role to life and made it interesting as well as Gwyneth Paltrow.
For those catching the movie, don't forget to catch the extra scene at the end of the credits.
And play the usual game of "Spot Stan Lee in every Marvel movie!
*And why I think Avatar is overrated.
-The story was cliche. Similar to Pocahontas however with an added touch of Scifi
-Directing was linear and it got draggy
One thing good however, was the visuals
