Pages

Recent Posts

Discovering Adhoc Wifi


What would you do when you need internet on your mobile device but there’s no wifi network available?

This was our dilemma tonight.
Our internet connection was wired and shared through LAN.
But Google gave us much hope!
Apparently you could turn your laptop into a wifi hotspot! I didn’t know that until tonight.
The first search result I found was fromLifehacker’s site – Turn Your Windows 7 PC Into a Wireless Hotspot.  I followed the steps but failed at some point.  Had errors about failing to enable ICS and other stuff but thankfully an easier way also popped up in the search results and that’s Connectify - it’s a tool that allows you to share your wired internet connection over your laptop’s wireless card.  Instant wifi hotspot without going through the steps in Windows manually.  Install, set a password, choose your internet and start sharing!
Just happy to share!
Maybe at some point in time I’d go back to figuring out what went wrong setting it up manually, but tonight, don’t need the mess! haha
blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Comments