Especially your boss.
I work remotely.
No office, no transportation worries, no putting up with a fake disposition to anybody.
All I need is a stable internet connection and a decent computer.
The deal with remote-based jobs
To alot of people I've shared about the nature of my job, the first replies I usually get are, "Wow that's so nice! Wish I had a job just like that!"
They all think about not having to get out of bed too early, not having to worry about hours wasted in traffic, more time for themselves and stuff. In short, the 'convenience'
Do take note that this 'convenience' comes with a heavy price as well. It is a whole new lifestyle to adapt to that requires more discipline to get things done.
For the first few months, yes, you'll feel free from all the morning routine crap you go through before reaching your workplace. Hallelujah !
Then your mind starts to feel 'caged' for seeing the same environment day and night til the next workday.
You have no physical contact with coworkers to talk or hangout with after hours.
Depression and paranoia can sink in confusing you into thinking, am I in the right career?
At some point, you will even find yourself sick from using the computer even if it's for entertainment.
The danger
While there are some forms of convenience.
Most of the time, you only have yourself to rely on to do your job.
You resolve technical issues + shoulder maintenance cost (if any should arise to get the job done) instead of relying on your IT department
You go through online training instead of the usual training and team building opportunities most companies have.
The perks
You manage your own time but still keep in line with the project's timeline.
Stay close to the people you live with at home.
Work from any location- your home, your friend's home, or even your local coffee shop.
And this "just in case I'm in the coffee shop impression" is what has concerned me.
When impressions become truths
Apparently, my boss still has an impression that I run off to the coffee shop quite frequently even today for it was casually mentioned in a voice call.
Not that I am overly upset or anything. I just do not know how to classify my reaction but let's just say that it's not a good feeling when people have an impression that's not even half true.
I guess what I am truly bothered about is how others can stir stories and tell them as if they were facts of my work life.
It can be natural to feel upset or feel the need to fend for yourself.
But I chose to feel 'okay' about it.
Feel Okay? What do you mean! someone just said stuff about you which isn't true. Shouldn't you go confront them or something?
When I mean 'okay'. I chose not to feel bitter and keep the faith.
It reminded me of what Joel Osteen has talked about in his podcast #518, explaining Psalm 27
"Challenges may come your way, but you are not worried about it. You know it can't touch you. No weapon formed against you can prosper"
"People may be talking, trying to make you look bad but you don't give any thought about it. You know your future is too great to be distracted. You know they don't control your destiny but God does. So you just keep on, being your best, walking in integrity"
Some verses for dealing with work:
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men"
Colossians 3:23
"We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it"
1 Corinthians 4:12
Hope this helps you break free from feeling discouraged with your everyday work life.
*Update: Friday, November 11
I'm in shock and in awe. My boss gave me an unexpected bonus! Thank you God, you are so true to your word.
![]() |
| I'm so touched |

